donderdag 30 augustus 2012

Remembering this summer with music

I just realized that I don't think I've mentioned music in my blogs, while it is in fact a very big part of my life. I love listening to music. I wake up to the radio and when I'm traveling or something I usually play the music on my phone. While cleaning or doing other chores I also listen to a lot of music. It can make you feel sad, or happy. Give you energy or make you feel like you're in some kind of movie or video. And I do think I'm not just speaking for myself here. So I hope you know what I mean. At my summer job (today was my last day!), the radio is on all the time and these songs will play a big part in remembering this summer. That's why today's blog will focus on some of the songs that I loved to listen to while working, just so I won't forget. 





Two of the songs that I have yet to learn the lyrics of are 'Blow Me (One Last Kiss)' by Pink and 'We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together' by Taylor Swift (see video's). The thing is, that when you hear songs on the radio, you miss out on the - sometimes - great music vids. Now, personally, I don't love the Pink one, but I do love it when they are made the way that can be seen in Taylor's video.



 
However, I really got energy out of some other songs, like 'Call Me Maybe' by Carly Rae Jepsen and her 'Alway's a Good Time' or 'Next to Me' by Emeli Sandé. And I really love the first vid, because whenever I see it, it just makes me happy. It's sweet, innocent, and sure a little teenagery, but that's totally fine! Do you know those moments where you are so frickin' tired that you just don't have any energy left and slouch and stuff? Well, Carly's song really could give me that final boost to get through the final hours of my work day ;-). Just like Nicki Minaj's 'Spaceships' (a very cool vid, but at times also kinda disturbing) and Rihanna's "Where Have You Been?' There's probably a couple of other songs (like 'Scream', 'We Are Young' and '50 Ways to Say Goodbye'), but I think these were played the most and definitely could be seen as the songs that helped me get through the bad/hard days of the job :p.




The funny thing is that years ago on my first summerjob I had the same thing. There was one song that the radio just kept playing and playing and playing... and playing. I got so sick of it, that it could even make me mad sometimes. But now, when I hear this song, I just have happy memories of it. This was 'Come Along' by Titiyo.



I guess that's all I wanted to share with you, in this improptu blog that just came up in my head. Having had my last day, whenever I hear these songs they will always remind me of the summer of 2012 ;-).

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten