woensdag 30 oktober 2013

My list

I've got a thing with numbers. So for my 88th blog, I thought I would do something 'special'. Sure,.... Some of you might find this blog very boring... Especially if you don't really watch tv shows. But, as I think I've shown, I do. A lot! It's something I always talk about with my friends about who watches what, what everyone should be watching and why the shows are as good as they are. I'm from the television era, which means I grew up with television. I remember watching childeren's programs when I was very young, I remember having family nights on Saturday watching Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman before being sent of to bed. And my love for shows grew immensly every since I started watching the BEST SHOW EVER, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, at the age of... well, ten or eleven or so. This was the first show I was absolutely faithful to and watched every night, recorded it if I wasn't at home and bought all the boxsets of. In between I watched other shows sporadically, like Dawson's Creek (I know....*sigh*), The Nanny and of course Friends. I eventually even studied Film and Television at the uni, and started watching more shows in different ways. The conversations about shows changed and a lot of the time, I get asked what I watch, why and why it's so good. Friends come to me for recommandations (and sometimes I give them without being asked :P ) So I figured, blogging about my list of shows, might come in handy. And that's what this blog is. No long story about the shows I love, but simply a list. A list of the shows I'm currently watching and loving, a list of the shows I still want to watch and a list of the shows I've watched throughout that have already ended (sometimes before it's prime). Buckle up, cos here we go!

Currently watching

Rizzoli & Isles 
The Flash
Glee
Revenge
Castle 
Bones
2 Broke Girls
The Big Bang Theory
Lost Girl (though I believe it's the final season)
Once Upon a Time
New Girl
Grey's Anatomy
Arrow
Haven
House of Lies

Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.  
Agent Carter
Game of Thrones
Defiance
Sherlock
Orphan Black

Orange is the New Black
House of Cards
Penny Dreadful 
True Detective (just started watching it)



On my to-watch-list

Elementary (seen couple of eps)
The Following (dito)
Grimm (dito)
Girls (dito)

The Originals (seen one ep)
Once Upon A Time in Wonderland

Homeland
Smash
True Blood
Being Human (seen one ep)
Lost (seen couple of eps)
Flash Forward
Battlestar Galactica
Dr. Who (seen couple of eps)
Torchwood (seen couple of eps)
Smallville (seen a couple of eps)
The Lying Game
Alpha's (seen a couple of eps)
Switched at Birth (?)
The Walking Dead (one ep)
Black Box (?)
Dracula (seen one ep)
Ally McBeal (4x16)
Breaking Bad
Downton Abbey
Star Crossed

iZombi
(and probably a couple more)

Started watching, but paused... (cos I already watch way too many shows and some of them really lost their way, but others I simply can't keep up with)


Merlin (?)
Supernatural (?)
McLeod's Daughters (8x07)
7th Heaven (grew up watching it and now I'm just curious about what happened with the characters)
Heroes (3x01)
Under the Dome (seen the first season, but stopped)

Pretty Little Liars (stopped at 4x16 - it just got to ridiculous) 

Awkward (stopped at 3x12 - also too ridiculous)The Vampire Diaries (stopped watching after season 5)


Shows I watched that have already ended/been cancelled
Buffy the Vampire Slayer - BEST SHOW EVER
Angel
Charmed
Firefly
Veronica Mars (also seen the movie)
Play it Again, Dick
Kitchen Confidential
Dollhouse
Roswell
Joan of Arcadia 
The L Word
My So-Called Life
Gilmore Girls
Dawson's Creek
Point Pleasant
Tru Calling
Mercy
The Playboy Club (just three eps)
The Sarah Conner Chronicles
Life Unexpected
No Ordinary Family
The Cape
Hellcats
Friends
Alias
One Tree Hill
Gossip Girl
Being Erica
Leverage
Ringer
Secret Circle
The Pretender

The Client List
How I Met Your Mother  
Warehouse 13
The Crazy Ones
Parenthood 
Twin Peaks 
The Newsroom
Witches of East End  
Freaks and Geeks

Dark Angel

Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman (though I'm not entirely sure I've seen all the eps)

Truth be told... Some are probably missing in all categories. What can I say... There's just too many to keep track of. And that's why I basically don't watch them all the time, but just when I have the time.
If you think some shows are missing or should be added to my list, please let me know! I'm always looking for great shows to watch, especially during the holidays when shows are on hiatus ;-).

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten